Monthly Challenge for January, 2024: New Year, New Goals!
The new year is the perfect time to set your new goals. Whether learning new dev-related things, preparing yourself to get a new job, making new habits to be a better developer or anything you work towards this year. And this month, we're here to support you!
During this month, we'll work on setting up your goals for the year and break them into achievable goals for each month.
New year, new goals!
Our goal is for you to have a map of monthly achievable goals for the year by the end of the month.
Who can participate?
Virtual Coffee's goal is to support all developers, no matter where they are in their coding journey. We encourage all members to participate.
How it works
Set your goal and create your plans
- Define: What is your goal in 2024?
- Plan: What steps do you need to take to achieve the goal?
- Set achievable goals for each month: What do you need to do each month to reach your big goal?
What if I need help and want to hold myself accountable?
Coffee Table Groups
If you need help setting your goal(s) or want to hold yourself accountable by working on them with the community over Zoom, we're here for you!
- Join the Accountabilibuddies to set goals with other members or ask for help and ideas.
- Is your goal to prepare for that technical interview and get that dream job? Come to our Tech Interview Study Group and The Pack Hunt to plan on working on your resume, preparing for a technical interview, and going job hunting!
#announcement channel on Slack for the schedule of each Coffee Table Group and
#vc-events channel to join the event.
- We encourage you to post your ideas, questions, and progress in the
#monthly-challengechannel in Slack. We're all learning and growing together!
- If your goal is toward job searching, you can always ask for help in the
- We'll do a Slack check-in each week to track your progress and support you.
Remember, we're always here to help. ❤️