Who We ArePermalink to “Who We Are”
Virtual Coffee is, and always will be, a genuine community of people who value and prioritize supporting one another. We know that growth comes at all levels and that you can teach and learn no matter what stage of the developer journey you're on.
Since our first Coffee in April 2020, our free online tech community has grown to support developers at all stages of the journey. In addition to twice-weekly live Coffees, we've added a site and lively Slack. Our community mentors and creates educational content in various formats, including Lunch and Learn talks, a Hacktoberfest Initiative, opportunities to practice public speaking, monthly challenges, Coffee Table Groups, and more. We also won the DevRel Awards 2022 as the "Most welcoming developer community".
Virtual Coffee is focused on being a positive and supportive place. We’re here to cheer you on when you land a job, get a promotion, or write your first blog post.
Our MissionPermalink to “Our Mission”
Virtual Coffee's mission is to be a welcoming tech community that allows room for growth and mentorship at all levels and to create meaningful opportunities for learning, leadership, and contribution for everyone.
Our VisionPermalink to “Our Vision”
We welcome and support developers at all stages to create a more empathetic tech community.
Our Core ValuesPermalink to “Our Core Values”
- We use a person-first approach.
- We let intimacy, empathy, and respect inform our decisions.
- We create and support positive and inclusive community.
- We work to remove tech barriers.
- We believe everyone has the ability to teach and learn, and that collaboration of developers at all stages enriches our community.
- We meet people where they are, make space for everyone, and encourage the exchange and exploration of new ideas to create close relationships.
- We believe in a growth-mindset and encourage and create meaningful opportunities for learning and mentorship, creating a closer community through participation, leadership, and contributions.
- We value synchronous communication and events as a medium that encourages all of the above and enriches asynchronous experiences.
Becoming a MemberPermalink to “Becoming a Member”
Virtual Coffee is a community that welcomes people at all stages of their tech journey. Our mission is to be a welcoming tech community that allows room for growth and mentorship at all levels and to create meaningful opportunities for learning, leadership, and contribution for everyone.
We intentionally keep our group small to preserve what makes Virtual Coffee special and support our existing members. We'd love to have everyone as a part of Virtual Coffee, but we prioritize the intimacy and closeness of the group. Our community is currently accepting members on a limited basis. As new membership becomes available, we'll reach out to those on the waitlist to join.
Join the Waitlist!