Monthly Challenge for March, 2022: Show your work! Creating Audio/Visual content
We all have something to share. And when we share with others, we both invite them to share with us and create a community of knowledge sharing and access to learning. This month, we'll focus on a different form of sharing: Audio/Visual
We don't expect a fancy production, but we want you to challenge yourself to share what you learned. You might create a YouTube video, do a livestream, share on a podcast, or create a TikTok.
Show your work! Creating Audio/Visual content
- To present your knowledge and showcase your understanding
- To explore video and audio mediums for sharing knowledge
- To highlight your achievements
- To promote growth through sharing
Who can participate?
Virtual Coffee's goal is to support all developers, no matter where they are in their coding journey. We encourage all members to participate. This challenge can be done alone or in a group.
How it works
- We're asking members to submit lunch-and-learns, youtube videos, podcasts, or some other form of audio or video content they created that explores a coding-related concept--there's no length requirement.
- We'll have a day of lightning talks where folks can showcase their talents and abilities.
- We encourage to post ideas, questions, and even fears in the #content-creation channel in Slack. The goal is to learn and grow together!
- Keep in mind that we know sharing can be hard, but it also provides a ton of value by:
- Solidifying ideas.
- Allowing you to be a resource for others.
- Inviting personal growth through conversations sparked by your sharing.
- Demonstrating your ability to talk through a concept.
We'll wrap up our challenge with lightning talks and have a space for members to submit their own AV content on our site.
Creating Audio Visual Content ResourcesScreen Recording Tools
If you'd like to recommend a resource for creating AV content, you can add them to this discussionor make a Pull Request on the monthly challenge page.
What if I need help?
You can ask a question in the #help-and-pairing VC channel, get 1:1 help during Office Hours (you can find the doc for office hours at the top of the #help-and-pairing channel.), join the VC co-working room, or ask at a coffee! Asking for help is part of the process.
And remember, we're always here to help ❤️