Monthly Challenge for June, 2022: Feedback
We're challenging you to both give and accept feedback from others.
Giving Meaningful and Empathetic Feedback
Provide feedback four times
Who can participate?
Virtual Coffee's goal is to support all developers, no matter where they are in their coding journey. We encourage all members to participate.
Let's work together!
When we care about our community members, we can offer empathetic responses that are honest and allow them to grow and to fix a problem. Sometimes these conversations are hard. But sometimes we need hard conversations to help us grow. Let's approach each other with kindness and honesty, and allow this kind of feedback to be a regular part of our process.
How it works
For this month's challenge we both need people asking for feedback and people giving feedback! If you need feedback on content or code, please post in the #monthly-challenge channel. It could be on a blog post, an idea, a coding project/PR, a talk, an interview, or whatever you could use feedback on.
Places where you can give feedback:
- Accountabilibuddies Group
- VC-Toastmasters Group
- #help-and-pairing channel
- #co-working-room channel
We’ll do async check-ins every week. Once you've hit 4 feedback sessions, reply to the check in with ✅
Resources & Events
- Accountabilibuddies: Every Tuesday 7PM-9PM ET, and every Thursday 9AM-11:30AM ET ET
- VC-toastmasters: June 6th 12pm ET and June 20th 12pm ET
- Nick Taylor: How I Review Pull Requests
- Kim Scott: How to give useful feedback
- Radical Candor in 6 Minutes with Kim Scott
- Kim Scott: How to be a kick-ass boss
- How to Give Feedback People Can Actually Use
- Compassionate Coding and Diversity with April Wensel