Tori Crawford: Interviewing — If it's broke, fix it
Season 1, Episode 3 | January 24, 2021
In this episode, Dan and Bekah welcome Tori Crawford to talk about her journey through the interview process that included about 53 interviews, 430 applications, and a pandemic offer that ultimately led to her being ghosted by the company.
In this episode, Dan and Bekah welcome Tori to talk about her journey through the interview process that included about 53 interviews, 430 applications, and a pandemic offer that ultimately led to her being ghosted by the company. She gives her tips and tricks, including recognizing that interviews are a two-way street; you should also be interviewing the companies that are interviewing you. She talks about the problems of technical interviewing, how she's hopeful that the industry can make changes, and how the job she ultimately landed has been a great experience, starting with the interview.
- Tori: DEV, Twitter
- Article Tori wrote detailing her interview journey: 444 Days Later, Tori Hit the Jackpot
- Udemy course mentioned: Master the Coding Interview: Data Structures + Algorithms
- Flatiron School
Sponsor Virtual Coffee!
Your support is incredibly valuable to us. Direct financial support will help us to continue serving the Virtual Coffee community.
- Virtual Coffee: virtualcoffee.io
- Podcast Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bekah: dev.to/bekahhw, Twitter: https://twitter.com/bekahhw, Instagram: bekahhw
- Dan: dtott.com, Twitter: @danieltott
The Virtual Coffee Podcast is produced by Dan Ott and Bekah Hawrot Weigel and edited by Andy Bonjour at GoodDay Communications.