Virtual Coffee Newsletter, September 2021
September is Preptember! Let's talk Open Source!
August was some time to reflect and recharge our batteries, but now we're ready to dive into all things open source!
💞 Community Kindness
Spotlighting some of the kindness happening in our community.
"Grateful to Jennifer for sharing amazing Ruby on Rails learning resources"
"Shoutout to Travis and Skyler in the co-working-room for helping me understand what was happening in my project."
"Shoutout to Dan for giving my team a big hand with not only Forem, but also CodeLandConf!"
📆 What's happening at Virtual Coffee
This month's challenge is all about learning about open source, prepping our repositories, and writing great issues for contribution.
Season 3 of the podcast has started off strong!
🥪 Member Events
These are members-only events that last for 45 - 90 minutes.
Member Blogpost Highlights
Some of our member posts we loved in August
"Grateful for encouraging pairing sessions, generosity of VC members when it comes to their time and resources, interviews with engineering managers and the loving support of family and friends."
"Grateful for this community and the chance to nerd out about things."
"I'm grateful for being able to learn creative coding and for this community."
What our members are up to
- Rahat is documenting his journey into learning web3/blockchain.
- Chris is leading the VC member guide project.
- Jessica has finished version two of the Black Excellence Music Project.
- Kudos to Julia Seidman and Jonathan Yeong for their upcoming talks at CodeLandConf.
- Shoutout to our members for a 10 hour and 46 minute long coworking room session this month!
Open Source Projects We Love!
- VirtualCoffee.io, an 11ty Web App for our community created by Dan Ott
- Protege.dev, a React Web App to help junior devs find remote jobs by Drew Clements
- Isidore, Natural language processing package by Frank Taylor
- DRONE - a Continuous Delivery system built on container technology
Subscribe to the Virtual Coffee Newsletter