Monthly Challenge for January, 2021: Month of Learning!
It's a new year and time for learning new things! During this month, we'll work on learning new dev-related things. You might deep-dive into one topic, start a small-group that focuses on community learning, focus on a new topic every week, or do a little bit of everything.
If you're inspired by what you learn and want to share more, we encourage you to give a lightning talk in February!
Month of learning challenge
- Entire month of January
- Four, week-long sprints
To learn something new, share what we've learned, and gather recommendations to share with the community
How it works
- Challenge can be done individually, in self-organized teams, a mixture of both, or some hybrid
Each week, members choose something they want to learn, the resources they'll use to learn about it, and then dive into learning.
- We encourage you to post your topic and resources for the week in the #monthly-challenge channel in slack, especially if you want to form a group.
At the end of each week, we'll do the official check-in where you can report on what you've learned:
- Define -> What's the topic?
- Understand -> Give a description of what you've learned and the resources you've used.
- Design -> How could you apply what you've learned? (The last one might not apply to every week.)
At the end of the month, we'll collect recommendations of the best tools, guides, and resources we found as we explored our topics for this month's challenge and share it with the whole community.
We're always here to help ❤️